Juicy Lean Meatballs
Chicken Meatballs are a great
alternative to ground beef. They are lean but packed full of flavor.
Give them a try and see what you think. There are many variations
of this recipe but I think this one may be our favorite.
By using a great blend of Italian
seasoning you'll be able to make the otherwise bland chicken come
alive. Try stale bread soaked in milk instead of breadcrumbs for a
moister meatball. Also, you can use Romano cheese instead of
Parmesan to give it a sharper flavor. Again, like many recipes,
experiment until you find your favorite blend of herbs and spices.
These meatball are delicious served
fried all by themselves or with your favorite marinara sauce. Serve
them as appetizers or over pasta for heartier main meal.
1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf Italian Parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbs of vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Your Favorite Marinara Sauce
Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the oregano, basil, poultry seasoning, black pepper, salt, red pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg.
- Mix the ingredient by hand until thoroughly blended.
- Form the chicken mixture into inch balls.
- In a large frying pan, brown the meatball in the oil and butter. About 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with your favorite marinara sauce
Don't forget to click on the logo below and subscribe to my
That's a discovery! That's Italian! Thats
Leave Chicken Meatballs and Return to Italian Recipes
Leave Chicken Meatballs and Return to Poultry Recipes
The Italian Grocer |
Italian Heritage |
Italian Chefs |
New Contest |
What‘s New |
Restaurant Reviews |
Your Reviews |
Appetizer Recipes |
Soup Recipes |
Salad Recipes |
Bread Recipes |
Vegetable Recipes |
Pasta Recipes |
Poultry Recipes |
Beef Recipes |
Pork Recipes |
Veal Recipes |
Lamb Recipes |
Seafood Recipes |
Pizza Recipes |
Cooking for Kids |
Italian Cheese |
Italian Wine |
Dessert Recipes |
Coffee and Espresso|
Italian Dinner Music |
Food Glossary |
About the Cook |
Share This Site |
Submit Your Recipes |
Your Italian Recipes |
Copyright 2014 by Great Chicago Italian Recipes.com, All Rights Reserved