Tomato, Spinach and Ricotta Pasta
This delicious Tomato, Spinach and Ricotta Pasta dish is easy to make has a wonderful fresh flavor. Creamy ricotta cheese is seasoned then whipped together with the warn pasta. It is then plated and topped with fresh baby spinach and vine ripe cherry tomatoes. It could not get fresher than that.
In order to get the best taste from a tomato, they should stay on the vine until ripe. The distinct flavor and slight acidity of the tomato, combined with the fresh baby spinach and ricotta cheese, give this pasta dish just the right balance of texture and flavor.
Tomato, Spinach and Ricotta Pasta is a great dish for a spring/summer dinner or a nice Sunday brunch. Serve this dish with plenty of Pecorino-Romano cheese.
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 pound of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of fresh grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- In a large pot bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Around 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the penne is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic and tomatoes and saute until onions are translucent and tomatoes are cooked.
- Stir in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Rinse the spinach under cold water and place in a separate frying pan.
- Stir the spinach until wilted. Drain the remaining water and add the spinach into the tomato mixture.
- Drain the pasta and place it into a pasta bowl.
- Lightly stir in the ricotta and 1/2 cup of the Romano cheese.
- Plate the pasta and top with the tomato mixture.
- Serve with the remaining cheese.
Don't forget to click on the logo below and subscribe to my
That's a discovery! That's Italian! Thats
Leave Tomato, Spinach and Ricotta Pasta and
Return to Italian recipe.
Leave Tomato, Spinach and Ricotta Past and
Return to Pasta Recipes
The Italian Grocer |
Italian Heritage |
Italian Chefs |
New Contest |
What‘s New |
Restaurant Reviews |
Your Reviews |
Appetizer Recipes |
Soup Recipes |
Salad Recipes |
Bread Recipes |
Vegetable Recipes |
Pasta Recipes |
Poultry Recipes |
Beef Recipes |
Pork Recipes |
Veal Recipes |
Lamb Recipes |
Seafood Recipes |
Pizza Recipes |
Cooking for Kids |
Italian Cheese |
Italian Wine |
Dessert Recipes |
Coffee and Espresso|
Italian Dinner Music |
Food Glossary |
About the Cook |
Share This Site |
Submit Your Recipes |
Your Italian Recipes |
Copyright 2014 by Great Chicago Italian Recipes.com, All Right Reserved